Monday, October 27, 2008

Custom turquoise work and Magpie rocks

Dear Yolanda persisted and made me string. This luscious strand of AAA grade waxed Turquoise, from the Magpie, chose Yolanda and insisted on a simple treatment - 6 inches of sterling chain for maximum adjustability, Bali sterling cones for the ends and large hole Bali beads to disguise the crimps. It looked lovely with the black shirt she wore when picking up the finished necklace. Then she chose a pretty strand of dark carnelian to make me string again... Keep watch for upcoming photos, once the muse allows me to finish playing with it...

And then.....

While I had the stringing supplies out, I made up some fun little basic bracelets. I played with lovely turquoise nuggets and some really popping 10mm red tiger eye, and a variety of copper beads and some sterling vermeil, all from the Magpie. Those toggles are my handmade bars of 14 gauge wire and really cool 3/4" twisted rings from Magpie Gemstones. So easy to put on the wrist and so yummie!

Oh yummie! Here's Yolanda's carnelian necklace, with small clear vintage Swarovski crystals and lovely sterling bead caps. Simple but oh so lovely -

No comments: