Saturday, October 06, 2007

Turquoise curlies - Toodles series - Sold

One more vintage turquoise cab, lovingly captured in copper wire. Copper is such a natural mate for turquoise given that they come from the same bit of earth.
The turquoise piece is 30x40mm, the entire piece is 1 5/8" wide and 2 1/4" tall. Carefully oxidized to control the tarnish. A simple wipe with any soft cloth will make it shine in moments.
The bail is, again, a large hook, making it a simple matter to switch between heavy chain or a leather cord necklace, short today and long tomorrow. Ahhhh, versatility!
Sold


Own the Toodles Weave tutorial in PDF form -
Here - http://sherrysjewels.ecrater.com/
Or Here -
http://www.magpiegemstones.com/tutorials.html

2 comments:

Linda said...

I think this is just beautiful! I love all the coils and squiggelies. I have your tutorial from step to step wire jewelry but have not tried it yet. I'm gearing myself up to tackle it.

Mike said...

I absolutely love this design Its so intricate yet it does not take away from the beauty of the stone it is showcaseing. Hmmm I might have to try to find that tutorial myself. I dont think I could quite tackle that piece yet but I bet I could learn a lot from it.