Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rising to the challenge - SBS braided bracelet

Hehehe, Esther issued a challenge, and then the bulldog muse would Not Let Go.

This bracelet is my version of Frances Harper's *Braided Silver Bracelet* as published in the Winter 2010 issue of Step By Step Wire Jewelry.
Esther was Right - a wicked bear to start! OMG, I, too, had to give up and Start Over!

My weaving is not even, the beginning is much more open than the remaining 2/3rds, but overall, I'm content. Will I make another? hmmmm, not tonight! *grin*
Of course I had to wing it - no knitting needles and no yogart container and no table to put the yogart container on, if I'd had one...
So, out came a length of 12g wire and a little spring clamp. Much easier to keep the beginning wires in line with the little clamp!!! The small clamp also allowed me to work in my usual *up in the air, close to the face so I can See* position. hehehehe

It was fun (eventually)! Thanks Frances and SBS! I learned a thing or two on the journey, and That's what it's All About!

Oh, I changed a couple parts.... Spiraled all the stray ends, used one of the braid wires for the hook, another to wind around the whole thing to keep it tight, and left off the focal bead....

Works for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh beautiful Sherry! Wish I can get that mag here :(

Sherry said...

Och, thanks darlin'
Where in the big wide world is "here"? Didja check the order form for subscriptions? Looks like they cover most of the world -
http://www.stepbystepwire.com/wire/

Definitely a great subscription! There's always some sort of inspiration inside, even if ya don't want to do the specific project.

So, show off yer pretties, m'dear!

BetteG said...

I like the way you ended the bracelet. The ending one end has kept me from starting it, even though I do like the focal bead.

Looks absolutely lovely.